Thursday, January 14, 2010

Adoration

So I tried to get my parking permit today, and I walked into the student store, excited. I asked the lady if i could get one, and you know what she says? "Sorry, you'll have to come after school." I was like, wtf? you guys just stay in her doing nothing, and you tell me to come later? so then i ask her "well... i dont have a 6th period, so does that count?" and she says "OUR after-school hun, not yours." WOW. she was telling me to wait 55 minutes until it was convenient for HER to get my parking permit. dude. all you have to do is take the money, give me the change, and hand me the little parking permit. so that made me pretty furious for a good portion of the day, so i took a nap to get over it.

Then i went to the cross trainer meeting, hoping it would cheer me up. When i walked in, i found out we were going to do adoration, and i thought "aw man, today won't be fun." boy, was i proven wrong. we discussed the theme of the day, "burnout," and it made me realize how "burnt out" i was at the time. That explains why I haven't been praying as much and keeping a good relationship with God. We then got in small groups, and I was lucky to get all the cool people, like Isa, Jaine, Dennis, Jon, Tracy, Lyndon, JoeJam, and that other guy whose name i forgot :P After some talking, we did adoration, and that became the highlight of my night. I've never had so much fun in Adoration in my life. usually i fall asleep or just kneel there doing nothing, but today i sang my heart out and just totally left all my worries behind. It was then that i realized that i don't need to go to retreats constantly to get my religious hype up, but rather i could just spend some Jesus time every once in a while, and that would be good enough. Oh, Happy Day, Happy Day...You wash my sins away.


♪: Happy Day by Tim Hughes
I'm: Revived

No comments:

Post a Comment